Wednesday, November 10, 2010

THE BIG 30!!

So this is it the year I turn 30!!! I remember when I was younger and thinking that 30 was SOOO OLD! Now that it is almost here I can hardly believe it! Well to welcome in my old lady years my husband decided to surprise me and do something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do.... SKYDIVING!!!!! I had made a list of things I wanted to do in my life when I was in college and skydiving was one of those important things that I had to do. Well as Matthew and I drove down there and as I signed what seemed like my life away, the oldness in me began to wonder how important was this really?! Was this something that I still really had to do in my lifetime, or was it just something that crazy people do? So as we waited for HOURS for the weather to clear up I had plenty of time to contemplate my decisions and decided to give the 18 year old inside me that made this important list her wish :) The weather finally cleared and we are all loaded in the plane heading up and up. As the plane kept climbing I kept going over in my head the 5 second instructions they gave us to jump. Well a lot of good that did, cause once we hit 12,000 feet we all exited the plane so fast you had no time to do anything they instructed us to do besides fall out of the plane! I guess that was a good thing, it left you no time to chicken out :) Once outside the plane you free fall for a minute before you pull the cord. I was most worried about this part! I was afraid my stomach would drop you know like on big roller coasters, but it wasn't anything like that! It was amazingly calming and peaceful once the rush of jumping had pasted. I was seriously amazed at how peaceful it was! The view was fantastic and it's just so quiet up there you're able to enjoy the ride and scenery (something i don't get to do often with 4 little ones).So to my husband and that 18 year old girl how made a to do list THANK YOU!! I had an incredible experience and couldn't imagine a better birthday present ever!!!!!!!
After the dive. Still smiling :) Lets do it again!!!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

That's crazy! Crazy FUN!!! Good job Matt on making Danielle feel special~ all mommies need that once in a while.

FoxFamily said...

You are so brave!! I'd freak out and worry about what would happen to my kids if I died. I'm so proud of you!!! Here's to being 30!

Tiffany J said...

I am SO jealous!! I've wanted to do this for YEARS! Finally convinced one of my sister n laws to do it with me and then I got pregnant! I'll have to talk to you and get all the info!! Looks like SO much fun! Matt...great job on planning AND going with!!